Christmas music on the radio only means one thing: the holidays are here and it’s time to get shopping!
I curated these gifts for any food-loving kid or picky eater who you would love to one day become a food-loving kid! Gifts are chosen for kids with autism and sensory processing disorder and/or picky eaters who could use a nudge to broaden their appetites.
Because parents work so hard to help their kids eat well, I also included some gifts to make their lives easier, more fun, and a little less stressful.
I’d love to hear what gifts are on your list this year. Share with me in the comments.
Happy shopping and happy holidays!!
Gifts For Kids with Autism
- Gluten-free Play Dough – to recreate some favorite foods in play dough form while also having a sensory experience
- Crayon Rocks in a Box – to foster creativity while practicing fine motor skills that help with feeding
- Healthy Magnetic Foods – to learn new foods and practice activities like ordering in a restaurant
- Cute Sensory Lap Pad – to make mealtimes more comfortable
- Kid-Friendly Chef’s Set and Cookbook – so he safely can join you in the kitchen with kid-sized tools
- Just For Kids Cookbook – because cooking is fun and kids are more likely to eat food they prepare
- Melissa and Doug Cookie Play Baking Set – so she can practice cooking skills to be just like you
Gifts For the Parents Who Feed Them
- Fun Food and Sandwich Cutters – because the lunches you pack have never looked this cool (and maybe fun-shaped sandwiches and veggies are just what your little one needs)
- Thrive Market Grocery Delivery – to buy organic food at a discounted price (plus an extra 25% off your first order)
- Kid-Friendly Serving Tray – to make serving and eating a little more special, plus snack dinners will seem a lot more legit (and introducing new food will be more fun, too!)
- Travel Coffee or Tea Mug – so you can refuel and relax while driving around to therapy sessions
- Allergy-Proof Recipes for Kids – to support a your little one’s diet that’s free of gluten, dairy, nuts, eggs, or soy
- Relaxing Aromatherapy Diffuser – for the relaxing me time you can always use more of