This article shares 8 products that a picky eating expert recommends to every client to make mealtimes better and help their extremely picky eaters try new foods.
“I want to help my child try new foods.”
It’s the number one desire I hear from parents.
While there’s no magic bullet, foolproof remedy or single need-to-try-it strategy, there are plenty of tips and tricks and little helpers that can make the process of helping your child try new foods easier (and more fun, too).
I’ve been working with kids with very limited diets who struggle to try new foods for nearly five years.
In this time, I’ve perfected a strategy for helping children expand their diets and feel more comfortable helping new foods. A key part of this strategy is finding a way for kids to engage with or get hands-on with food in a way that feels comfortable for them (more on what that looks like here).
Working to help the most hesitant eaters feel more comfortable with new foods, I’ve discovered helpful tools that dissolve kids’ reluctance to engage with new foods.
I’m so excited to be sharing those with you today.
Feel like you need more than products to help your picky eater? Don’t miss my FREE class where I share the 5 keys you need to help your child try new foods and eat more variety more comfortably.
8 Products That A Picky Eating Expert Recommends to Every Client
- Kid-friendly knives so they can help in the kitchen and explore the texture of foods with a grown-up tool that really works (and also gets them engaging with food)
2. Soft washcloths to keep handy at mealtimes and during food play and cooking sessions, so no one needs to let mess stand in the way of progress (and even your super sensory sensitive kiddo can feel comfortable and engaged at mealtime)
3. Silicone placemat so they can get as messy as they want without you worrying about clean up
4. Food Cutters that are less about you making the food look cute and more about them finding a tool that they can’t resist using (and thereby getting hands on with food!)
5. Stories of Extreme Picky Eating I’ll let parent who’ve bought the book do the talking for this one:
“We saw instant success”
“BUY THIS NOW”
“Within the first few days, my son was eating things he hadn’t in years.”
6. Large Tongs because bigger often is better when you’re a kid
7. Edible Crafts Kids Cookbook to teach them that they can get comfortable with food and enjoy eating it too
Am I missing any amazing tools or products? Share your favorites in the comments.